Booking appointments can only be done by email:
Please refrain from calling our landlines.
We thank you for your understanding.
Consular Section contact information:
- Address: Doha, West Bay, Zone 66. Saha 83. Building No.: 15. - see the map under "Contact us"
- Working hours:
- Monday between 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM
- Thursday between 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM
- Please respect the working hours. If you arrive outside of working hours or without appointment, we won't be able to serve you.
- Booking appointments is always necessary!
Payments for consular services are only available by card (or bank transfer made in advance).
The Consular Section is closed on Hungarian and Qatari public holidays.
- Hungarian public holidays in 2022:
- January 1st
- March 14-15th
- April 15-18th
- May 1st
- June 6th
- August 20th
- October 23rd
- October 31st
- November 1st
- December 24-26th
With respect to countries which have not joined the Apostille Convention, such as the State of Qatar, the Consular Section of the Embassy of Hungary in Doha carries out the diplomatic legalization/attestation of documents to be used in Hungary.
- The Consular Section does not carry out the legalization of Hungarian documents to be used in Qatar. To read more about the procedure of Hungarian documents to be used abroad (e.g. university transcripts, etc.), please click here.
- The Consular Section only issues legalizations for original official documents, which have been issued by a Qatari authority.
- Private documents will not be legalized.
- Photocopies or certified photocopies may not be legalized, only originals.
Steps of the process:
- Getting the necessary certification ("stamp") from the Consular Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the State of Qatar.
- Booking an appointment at our Consular Section by email: appointment.doh[at]mfa.gov.hu
- Visiting our Consular Section and submitting the documents
- Please note that the legalization may take 1-2 days
- Fee in 2022: 99 QAR per MOFA stamp, to be paid by card only