Booking appointments can only be done by email:
Please refrain from calling our landlines.
We thank you for your understanding.
Consular Section contact information:
- Address: Doha, West Bay, Zone 66. Saha 83. Building No.: 15. - see the map under "Contact us"
- Working hours:
- Monday between 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM
- Thursday between 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM
- Please respect the working hours. If you arrive outside of working hours or without appointment, we won't be able to serve you.
- Booking appointments is always necessary!
Payments for consular services are only available by card (or bank transfer made in advance).
The Consular Section is closed on Hungarian and Qatari public holidays.
- Hungarian public holidays in 2022:
- January 1st
- March 14-15th
- April 15-18th
- May 1st
- June 6th
- August 20th
- October 23rd
- October 31st
- November 1st
- December 24-26th
General Consular Services
Please note that a prior appointment has to be booked for each consular affair.
- Passports for Hungarian citizens
- Registration of birth, marriage and death, voluntary acknowledgement of paternity
- Obtaining documents from Hungary (Birth Certificate, Police Clearence Certificate, Certificate on family status)
- Hungarian citizenship (naturalization, simplified naturalization, citizenship verification)
- Declaration of stay abroad
- Authentication, legalisation, attestion
- diplomatic attestation
- can be carried out for documents with MOFA stamp to be used in Hungary
- fee: 106 QAR/stamp
- authentication of copies
- copies can be made at the Consular Section when the original document is presented and the certified copies need to be used for a Hungarian authority. Please bring the original document as well as a copy.
- fee: 85 QAR/copy.
- authentication of signatures
- By certifying a signature, the consular officer confirms that the person indicated in the document was physically present and signed it in front of him. The signature must be executed in person in the presence of the consular officer or must be acknowledged in his presence.
- fee: 127 QAR/signature.
- diplomatic attestation
Please always bring your QID and passport with you.
For detailed information about the general consular cases and the documents to be submitted please consult the Consular Services website.
For official translation of documents to be used in Hungary, please consult the website of the Hungarian Office for Translation and Attestation Ltd.