Please note that Covid-tests for arriving students, etc. have to be carried out in Hungary, not abroad before the travel.
Please be informed that the Consular Section of the Embassy of Hungary in the State of Qatar
is accepting long-term visa applications.
This only applies for D type visa
(e.g. study and work visas, residence permit and permanent residence applications).
C type visa application (tourism, visit, business, etc.) is still suspended!
Booking appointments can only be done by email:
Please refrain from calling our landlines.
We thank you for your understanding.
Consular Section contact information:
- Address: Doha, West Bay, Zone 66. Saha 83. Building No.: 15. - see the map under "Contact us"
- Working hours:
- Monday between 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM
- Thursday between 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM
- Please respect the working hours. If you arrive outside of working hours or without appointment, we won't be able to serve you.
- Booking appointments is always necessary!
Payments for consular services are only available by card (or bank transfer made in advance).
The Consular Section is closed on Hungarian and Qatari public holidays.
- Hungarian public holidays in 2021:
- January 1st
- March 15th
- April 2-5th
- May 1st
- May 24th
- August 20th
- October 23rd
- November 1st
- December 24-26th
Qatari nationals, as well as third country nationals legally residing in these countries and in case of their country of origin has no visa waiver agreement with Hungary are required to apply for a visa to Hungary.
- Please note that our Consular Section handles D-type applications only for Hungary.
- We do not represent Denmark and Latvia in D-type (long term) visa cases, only in C-type (short term Schengen) visa cases. Long-term visa applications for these countries should be submitted at their respective embassies in one of the nearest countries.
“D” type, long term (planned stay exceeds 90 days, e.g. studies), residence permit visa applications
- Please book an appointment by email
- For appointment: appointment.doh[at]mfa.gov.hu
- The visa fee is 266 QAR for everyone
- Working hours for submitting the application (personal presence is always required): Monday/Thursday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Required documents:
- Download and fill the main D-type visa form. This is always required.
Additionally to the main form, fill one of these forms depending on the purpose of the stay:
- Download also appendix 2 if the purpose is family reunification.
- Download also appendix 6 if the purpose is official.
- Download also appendix 9 if the purpose is visit.
- Download also appendix 10 if the purpose is employment.
- Download also appendix 14 if you are looking to conduct studies in Hungary (Stipendium Hungaricum!).
- Download also appendix 16 if the purpose is "other".
- Download this form in case of the residence permit card needs to be replaced.
For more information on other long-term visa types, requirements and appendix please consult the website of the Immigration and Asylum Office.
VISA INFORMATION FOR
STUDENTS ACCEPTED AT HUNGARIAN UNIVERSITIES
Dear Student, congratulation on getting accepted/receiving the scholarship! Please find below some basic information about the visa process.
- Since D-type visas are processed over a longer time, please submit your application as soon as possible in order to arrive in Hungary on time (start of the fall semester of the academic year 2020/2021).
- You will need to appear in person at our Embassy's Consular Section in Doha.
- You are going to apply for a D-type visa, not for a short term C-type Schengen visa.
- Visa fees do not apply for Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship recipients but do apply for other students
Please bring all the necessary supporting documents with you, including:
- One recent passport photo
- Passport: must be valid for at least 3 additional months beyond the date of expiry of the residence permit.
- Documents evidencing the purpose of residence:
- certificate of admission or document to verify the applicant’s student status from higher education institution ("Letter of Acceptance")
- only in case of Stipendium Hungaricum recipients: letter of award issued by Tempus Foundation
- school attendance certificate from secondary education establishment
- proof of payment of the fee charged by the higher education institution
- language certificate in proof of language proficiency
- Documents of accommodation:
- certified copy of title deed issued within 30 days to date or
- residential lease contract or document on accommodation by courtesy or
- statement on boarding (dormitory) services or
- completed accommodation registration form signed by landlord or
- hotel reservation for at least 3 weeks
- Documents evidencing subsistence:
- certificate on the payment of scholarship grant
- if supporting a family member, statement of support and document in proof of ability to provide support
- bank statement
- other proof on payment of regular income
- any other document
- Documents evidencing comprehensive sickness insurance cover
Downloads (both documents are required!):
- Download and fill the main D-type visa form.
- Download also appendix 14 if you are looking to conduct studies in Hungary (also Stipendium Hungaricum!).
Important: "Enter Hungary" online platform
- As of 1 January 2019, applications for a residence permit for the purpose of employment, intra-corporate transfer, EU Blue Card or family reunification (issue or extension) can only be submitted electronically – with the employee’s and family member's prior written consent – via Enter Hungary by those employers and host organisations specified in Act II of 2007 on the Admission and Right of Residence of Third-Country Nationals Paragraph (4) of Article 86/J. Employers and host organisations must register in order to use Enter Hungary which can be initiated by the employing or hosting institution with their Business Gateway access (so-called Cégkapu).
- As of 1 January 2019, also natural person clients or their authorized legal representatives may submit an application for a residence permit (issue or extension) electronically via Enter Hungary. In case the application is filed with foreign representations (consulates) or the grounds of the application are circumstances requiring special attention, application shall not be submitted electronically.
- For the purpose of fast and efficient administration Immigration and Asylum Office ensures the possibility of electronic administration for certain types of cases in addition to those specified in the law. For this purpose, the website Enter Hungary was created.
Submission of an appeal
In case of a visa refusal, the applicant may lodge an appeal to seek annulment of the decision by means of a petition to be handed over personally to the Consular Section of the Hungarian Embassy within 8 days after notification (by phone/ by mail/personally) of the refusal. The appeal has no special form and formalities but must be dated and signed by the appellate. It will be reviewed and a decision will be made.
Working hours for submission an appeal (personal presence is required): Monday and Thursday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM at the Consular Section.
The fee of the appeal is 89 QAR in D-type visa cases.