Please be informed that in terms of public health measures in Hungary to reduce administrative burdens on the authorities focusing on prevention of COVID-19, the Consular Section of the Embassy of Hungary in the State of Qatar suspends its services as of March 16, 2020 till further notice.
SHORT TERM (C-TYPE, E.G. TOURISM, BUSINESS, ETC.) VISA APPLICATIONS
ARE STILL SUSPENDED, EXCEPT FOR C-EEA VISAS (FAMILY MEMBERS OF EU/EEA CITIZENS).
We thank you for your understanding.
Consular Section contact information:
- Address: Doha, West Bay, Zone 66. Saha 83. Building No.: 15. - see the map under "Contact us"
- Working hours:
- Monday between 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM
- Thursday between 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM
- Please respect the working hours. If you arrive outside of working hours or without appointment, we won't be able to serve you.
- Booking appointments is always necessary!
Payments for consular services are only available by card (or bank transfer made in advance).
The Consular Section is closed on Hungarian and Qatari public holidays.
- Hungarian public holidays in 2021:
- January 1st
- March 15th
- April 2-5th
- May 1st
- May 24th
- August 20th
- October 23rd
- November 1st
- December 24-26th
Qatari nationals, as well as third country nationals legally residing in these countries and in case of their country of origin has no visa waiver agreement with Hungary are required to apply for a visa to Hungary.
We kindly inform all visitors that on the basis of bilateral agreements, the Hungarian Consular Section in Doha issues short term “C”-type Schengen visa in representation for citizens residing in the State of Qatar also to Denmark and Latvia.
“C”-type, short term (less than 90 days) Schengen visa application
General Schengen visa information
Schengen States issue uniform visas for short stay visit not exceeding 90 days in any 180-day period. The Schengen visa may be issued for a single entry (as a rule for the 1st time visitors of the Schengen area), for two entries, or as a multiple entry visa in case the applicant proves the need or justifies the intention to travel frequently as well as proves his/her integrity and reliability, in particular the lawful use of previous Schengen visas, etc. (as per Schengen Visa Code, Article 24).
If your travel destination is only Hungary, or – in case of a Qatari resident Denmark or Latvia -, the Hungarian Embassy in Doha will deal with your application. If your travel destination includes more than one Schengen Member State, your application must be dealt by the Embassy/Consulate of your main destination. The following criteria may help you to decide whether you should submit your visa application at the Embassy of Hungary:
- Hungary, or - in case of a Qatari resident Denmark or Latvia - is the sole destination of your visit(s);
- Your visit to Schengen States includes more than one destination and Hungary or - in case of a Qatari resident Denmark or Latvia - is the main destination of the visit(s) in terms of the length or purpose of stay;
- If you cannot determine which is your main destination, but Hungary or Denmark or Latvia is the first Schengen State you wish to enter.
- Please note that the Embassy of Hungary in Doha issues visas only for residents - or for applicants legally residing - in its territory of its responsibility.
- General information on VIS.
- General information on SIS II.
Submission of the Schengen visa application:
- Book an appointment by email at the Consular Section of the Embassy.
- Please note that Schengen visa applications have to be submitted between 180 and 15 days before the travel date.
- For appointment: appointment.doh[at]mfa.gov.hu
- Download the C-type visa form here and complete it properly.
- Make sure you enter your email address in capital letters.
- Make sure you date and sign the form.
- The passport has to have at least 2 blank pages (preferably facing each other)
- Visa fees:
- 0-6 years: free of charge
- 6-12 years: 178 QAR
- 12 and above: 355 QAR
- List of supporting documents to submit with the application:
- valid flight ticket (return)
- valid hotel reservation
- travel medical insurance valid for Schengen countries
- passport copy
- 1 passport picture
- QID copy (non-GCC nationals)
- bank statement of the last 6 months (non-GCC nationals), stamped by the bank
- original employment letter including monthly salary (non-GCC nationals)
- in case of (family) visit: invitation letter
- in case of a business trip: invitation letter
Length of the visa process
The length of the process depends on many different factors. As a general rule, the maximum time a Schengen visa process can take is 15 days. If necessary, the consul may extend this period of time.
Submission of an appeal
In case of a visa refusal, the applicant may lodge an appeal with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Hungary (MFAT) to seek annulment of the decision by means of a petition to be handed over personally to the Consular Section of the Hungarian Embassy within 8 days after notification (by phone/ by mail/personally) of the refusal. The appeal has no special form and formalities but must be dated and signed by the appellate. The MFAT will review the application and make a decision.
Working hours for submission an appeal (personal presence is required): Monday and Thursday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM at the Consular Section.
The fee of the appeal is 133 QAR in C-type visa cases.